Most often, however, it is associated with the progressive aging process of the skin, during which the skin falls and at the same time the body fat moves. The other chin can also be the result of overweight or obesity, as well as the effect of various diseases, e.g. related to thyroid dysfunction. Regardless of the direct cause of the double chin, it’s a problem that adds years and kilos to your face. How to get rid of a double chin?
Do not slouch!
The first thing that will get rid of your double chin is to improve your body posture. Slouching is not only bad for your spine. One of its distant consequences is the emergence of other defects, including the other chin. Stand and sit upright, with the shoulder blades back and head raised, as it tightens the muscles of the neck.
Second chin – exercises
Exercises for the second chin can be done anywhere at work, at school or at home. For the exercises to be effective, you must train your chin and neck muscles at least 3 times a week for 15 minutes. It is important to control the movements of the tongue and mouth, so double chin exercises should be done in front of the mirror.
- kisses up – the exercise is extremely simple. Just tilt your head back and place your lips as if to kiss. It is important to stretch and relax your neck muscles during this exercise. Exercise for the second chin is worth repeating in three series of 30 times.
- pulling out the tongue – this is another simple exercise that will remind you of your childhood times. Set your head straight and pull the tongue out so that you put it on your chin. Later, using a pulsating move, try to pull him out even more. This chin exercise is worth doing in 3 series, 15 times.
- vowels – the exercise consists of loud and clear pronouncement of vowels.
- showing gums – we do the second chin exercise with a relaxed face and closed mouth. Then we lower the lower lip so hard to show the lower gums.
- tongue exercises – to perform a chin exercise, put your hand around your neck so that you can put your thumb on one side and your fingers on the other. Then move the tongue back to the mouth. Muscle movement will be felt under your fingers. Exercise for the second chin is worth repeating in three series of 30 times.
Beauty salon methods
There are really many methods for reducing local excess fat. Physical techniques include:
- ultrasonic lipolysis – that is, facial massage using a special head that emits waves and ultrasounds, whose task is to break down fat cells.
- laser lipolysis – it is a reduction of fat tissue by means of laser radiation, which is introduced under the skin through small incisions.
Another way to get rid of a double chin is to use one of the chemical methods that are effective and less burdensome for the patient when it comes to side effects or complications. Among them you can find, among others:
- needle-free mesotherapy – a method that uses a laser and electrical impulses to introduce an active substance (phosphatidylcholine) under the skin, which in turn causes the breakdown of triglycerides.
- injection lipolysis – it consists in improving the appearance of the skin by injecting medicinal substances tailored to the patient’s needs. Intradermal injections of the active preparation significantly improve microcirculation in the subcutaneous tissue and increase fat cell metabolism.